Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Victory

For those of you who remember my post in which I threatened to become a burly weight lifter, I am still extra soft (in all the wrong places) from my pregnancy.  I am not running yet.  I am not growing a mustache.  In fact, it is a bit discouraging to have only lost 5 pounds since Darren's birth 11 weeks ago.  But I have been living it up with my kids.

Today, as promised, I hiked Cardigan.  I didn't do it backwards.  But I did do it with three children, and so I consider this to be the beginning of life as my family once knew it. As Cora so eloquently put it, we can "almost reach the sky".  We are conquering big things and here is a picture to prove it!



Normalcy has returned, and we are climbing to great heights.


We are having fun playing in the sun again .... being pirates .... and ruling islands. 


We are trying not to fall off any cliffs that life might put in our way.  


And we are enjoying the blessing of living in a world as beautiful as this.  


We are celebrating victory .... and three .... yes three .... sleeping children.

1 comment: