Monday, January 10, 2011

Miracle of Miracles

I was checked today and had a miracle of miracles! My cervix actually lengthened! According to the doctors that is very unusual. Though my cervix is still very weak and dilated, I am counting my blessings. And so you might wonder what this means. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean it is safe for me to go home. But I have a new found joy of joys .... I can walk down the (very short) hall to get my own drinks and use the microwave. I found my thirst was absolutely insatiable! Absolutely unquenchable! And I even considered brushing out my perma-bedhead hair just to go to the little closet of a room. After all, I might actually see another human being who is not wearing scrubs! There are glorious treasures in this room ..... ice cream and juice, puddings and popsicles, milk and crackers! And I, a woman of great progress, have the new found freedom to get these treasures myself. I wonder if this is how women felt when they first were given the right to vote.

Most importantly, it means that Darren and I are doing unbelievably well, all considering. So thank you for all your prayers ..... and thank goodness I somehow have managed to behave myself. It seems to really be paying off.


3 comments:

  1. praying for you, Darren and your cervix. Wish i were there I would bring you some popcorn !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Continuing to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete