Thursday, January 27, 2011

Punchy

I am feeling rather celebratory! On Wednesday my ultrasound went well, showing that my cervix is still holding on and that my funnel width has decreased. For those of you who are unsure what that means, I borrowed the following image from a sonogram instructional website. When I was admitted to the hospital, my cervical length was zero, but it has somehow managed to lengthen to a whopping 0.5 cm! (A healthy cervical length is 3.0-2.5 cm).


I have been gloriously stable! It is now 12:20am and today I go home! I am down right punchy! My own bed - with my own husband - with snuggles in the morning - and a window with trees outside instead of a helicopter pad - and a banjo - and loud music! I am looking forward to seeing my home. Only three more weeks of bed rest and then anything goes. Three weeks seems like nothing, all the sudden. My fingers are crossed that I'll make it to 35 weeks and that he is born shortly after that. I've had enough.

I know I have had enough because I am tired and uncomfortable. I mostly I know I have had enough because I have come to think of my nurses as .... friends. I joke around a lot with them. As I got my weekly shot, I said "Damn, your a pain in my ass!" Not an intelligent thing to say when you are getting a shot. A nurse shaking with laughter makes for a bigger pain in the ass. We laughed when I put pillows in my bed to make it look like I was sleeping when I was in the shower, and when I blew up hospital gloves and closed them in the door to look like a stuck hand. The nurses have joked with me as well. And I have learned not only their names, but the names of their spouses and children. So thank you nurses and friends who have helped make the best of my stay at DHMC.

May I not return until delivery in (more than) three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment