Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back in the Slammer

Today, 10 years ago, I married John - I have never been more blessed. It has been 10 wonderful years; 10 years that seem too short. I hope to savor the next 10. I hope to shed as much joy in John's life as he has in mine. And today, five years ago, our marriage was blessed with the birth of our first child, Seth. It seems so incredibly hard to believe that it has been five years already - so cliche but so true.

And today I had an ultrasound that showed my daily contractions have been getting worse, and have progressed the dilation of my cervix. I now have zero length left and am all the way effaced. I'm only 27.5 wks. And so they are throwing me in the slammer again. Thankfully, they did say I could come home for birthday cake and some anniversary snuggles, but I'll be at DHMC first thing in the morning.

DHMC seems more like the "Martha-Stewart" kind of slammer and less like the "Cool-Hand-Luke" kind of slammer. At least at DHMC I'll be able to see my kids and husband most days. So, even if the food is sub-par, there are blessings in everything.

1 comment: