Sunday, December 5, 2010

Darren Saves the Day

Today is the second Sunday of advent and all of my family went to church leaving me in the comfort of my bed, all snuggled up in my fleece sheets to finish the Count of Monte Cristo and to read all of Daddy Long Legs for the millionth time in my life.

Fifteen minutes after the service started at church I was imagining all of my friends and family; in my mind they were all smiley and warm and singing peaceful Christmas Carols. My house seemed heavy with silence. It oozed loneliness. It dripped in solitude.

And just when I was about to feel really and truly sorry for myself, Darren started kicking with a vengeance as if to say "hey, Mama, what am I chopped liver?" I smiled in spite of myself, patted my now bulging belly and said allowed "yeah, your right kiddo. We're in this together, aren't we?"

Then, I drifted into a deep, and definitely unneeded nap.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful friend!!! Here is another image for you. As I read this, I had to laugh because we were there for about 10 mins and then left. Ethan and Mallory were hacking so loud that no one could hear the announcements. So, as I read this and imagined all the smiling faces, I saw the image of us trying to sneak out the back because they were so loud and no one could hear the music. All eyes were on us as were tried to escape out the back. I am sure they were all smiling after we left :) Hope this vision makes you laugh..... Leave it to the Eshbaughs......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. It is the week of peace. I will ask God to give you peace. I love you.

    ReplyDelete