Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snuggles Rock

What a nice to thing to see Seth and Cora today - I got a whole hour to snuggle Cora when John took Seth out for some bed rest errands (aka books and some comfortable lounge pants). Let me tell you - snuggles rock. They melt away all the drear of the day. So make sure you all snuggle your kids today, or your husbands, or both. Touch is such a wonderful thing.

The kids thought my room was little "hospitally", so we made some snowflakes and hung some window stickers and even a small pack of lights for the window that were given to us by the cleaning staff. Now it seems a little cheerier. Seth enjoyed jello and watched a bit of skiing on TV. Cora mentioned she thought that when we get to take Darren home we should strap him to the roof of the car so he can have some fresh air ... fresh air will make him stay healthy.

But just seeing John was the best of all. Not even saying anything, just letting our eyes meet and linger. I love that man.

And so I am grateful that we were blessed with tolerable weather so they could come. And I count the days until they come again.

1 comment:

  1. This isn't a chain letter so if you don't want to bother don't, but I'm awarding you the flexible blogger award, for turning bedrest into art.

    see http://homeschoolblogger.com/curiousities/783904/

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete