Friday, December 10, 2010

A Shower Makes the World Brighter

When the world seems bleak, take a shower. I was awarded my first shower, complete with a geriatric stool, and it was glorious. My contractions have slowed and I am biding time. After being gooped up for two days, a shower is refreshing, invigorating, lovely. I relaxed, and had drastic mood improvement.

The last two days were wrought with big news and lots of stress. My hopes of being back at Dartmouth-Hitchcock were squashed. Apparently they closed their NICU due to an anitbiotic resistant bacterial infection and they won't be open again for weeks at best. Thank goodness I did not squeak in there with a little premie! I just missed it! I knew God was good.

The food is way better here. That is not to say that I wouldn't accept a double order of fresh Thai spring rolls and an order of drunken noodles (sometimes called spicey noodles) from a visitor - there is a great Thai place on Church St.

And I do have to say that a hospital bed is way more comfortable than a sofa for long term lounging. Maybe I should consider new living room decor.

Off for yet another ultrasound and then I will quilt when I get back. I am still hopeful of finishing my anniversary quilt before the 29th. We'll see!






3 comments:

  1. Dear Kathleen,

    Oh I need to study geography more, I was thinking, oh maybe she's closer to me now and I can pop in one afternoon...duh.

    I even went to Burlington once as a kid, we saw a quilt display in an old box-pew church downtown, they had draped the main quilt over the pulpit, it had three crosses on it diagonally. There was another one with swords, and sheep, quilted with harps, it was about King David.

    I wonder if any of the waiting room sin your hospital are decorated with quilts if there was (30 years ago) such an active quilting group.

    Can you get packages care of the hospital there? Are you able to listen to CDs?

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally the same way, so interesting how people are wired. Do you do Indian? I am guessing if you are since you are a Thai fan. A great little Indian place is right across the street. I had Indian there for the first time. I know they deliver and I'd love to hook you up. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen,
    So sorry you are doing time in Burlington. It could be worse though! Imagine being in a place like Haitti or in the middle east. Thank goodness Darren will be born in a place where he has fighting chance and will have all the best modern science and doctors available! We are praying for both of you. Do you have a telephone number or a cell phone? You can email it to me via face book if you don't want to post it on a public blog.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete